Col. Jeff Cooper, creator of the “Color Code” that sharpens a person’s situational awareness, is also the author of the booklet, Principles of Personal Defense, in which he describes 7 characteristics a person should strengthen in themselves to best be able to ward off a violent attack. They’re primarily technique-oriented.
[ Read the SemperVerus article, The 5 Elements of Self-Defense Law ]
SemperVerus® has added the component of biblical insight as a foundation to each principle, in keeping with the understanding that Scripture inherently supports the right of self-defense as presented in the booklet, The Case for Biblical Self-Defense.
1. ALERTNESS — “Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 (NLT)
2. DECISIVENESS — “An indecisive man is unstable in all his ways.” James 1:8 (HCSB)
3. AGGRESSIVENESS — “Be angry and sin not.” Ephesians 4:26 (KJV)
4. SPEED — “With blinding speed and power he destroys the strong.” Amos 5:9 (NLT)
5. COOLNESS — “God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV)
6. RUTHLESSNESS — “Hate what is evil.” Romans 12:9 (NIV)
7. SURPRISE — “Be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.” Matthew 10:16 (NIV)
Read in full the booklet, Principles of Personal Defense.
Invite SemperVerus® to present its 5 life-changing success-generating components—prepare, aware, be, know, do—to your organization to inspire and motivate your members.
Join the SemperVerus Brotherhood™!